|The City of Humboldt Leisure Services Department maintains a number of outdoor recreation facilities. Most facilities are there for public enjoyment at your leisure, but to ensure that you have the usage of a sports field, it must be booked in advance. This also ensures that maintenance is completed to suit user’s needs.|
For bookings and more information please call the Leisure Administration Office located in the main hall of Humboldt Uniplex:
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1137, Humboldt SK S0K 2A0
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ball Field FacilitiesThe following fields have red shale infields, chain link backstops and perimeter fences, and dugouts:
- Diamond #1, Centennial Park (Uniplex Grounds), outfield fence at 356 feet
- Diamond #2, Centennial Park (Uniplex Grounds), outfield fence at 286 feet
- Diamond #3, Centennial Park (Uniplex Grounds), outfield fence at 286 feet
- Diamond #4, Centennial Park (Uniplex Grounds), outfield fence at 220 feet
- Diamond #5, Centennial Park (Uniplex Grounds), outfield fence at 200 feet
- Diamond #6, Centennial Park (Uniplex Grounds), outfield fence at 220 feet
Other Ball Fields Facilities
The following fields have chain link backstops with turf or crush gravel infields:
- Bill Brecht Memorial Park
- Carl Schenn Recreation Park
- Two at St Dominic School Grounds
- Two at St. Augustine School Grounds
Playing Field Facilities (Soccer/Football/Rugby)
Glen Hall Park Field Facilities
Features fully automatic irrigation system, goalpost for football/soccer/rugby, announcer’s booth and score clock.
Practice field area (next to the game field) is fully irrigated.
Other Field Facility Areas
Unirrigated natural turf areas are located at Bill Brecht Memorial Park, Carl Schenn Recreation Park, A.E. Kilcher Park, St. Dominic School grounds, and St. Augustine School grounds.
Outdoor Ice RinksGlen Hall Park
The outdoor ice rink is 73’ by 180’, and has paved surface, boards, change area, and lighting. The ice is in place from November to March (weather permitting). From April to October it is used for street hockey, BMX, skateboarding and other activities. There is no charge for usage.
St. Dominic School Grounds
Enjoy the outdoor ice rink. The rink is 73’ by 180’, with graveled surface, boards, change area and lighting. The ice is in place from November to March (weather permitting). There is no charge for usage.
Tennis CourtsGlen Hall Park
This park has three outdoor courts with paved surface and eight-foot chain link fence perimeter. There is no charge for usage.
Outdoor TrackGlen Hall Park
A new outdoor track has recently been completed. The track is 400 metres in length, with six lanes and a shale surface.