Printer-friendly version FAQ

Sign up to receive
City news by email

Enter your email address:
Search our site

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the population of Humboldt?
The population of the City of Humboldt is 6,644.

2. When is City Hall open?
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. & Friday, 9:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

3. Who can I contact for information about rental properties?
Check the Humboldt Journal classified ads for rental property listings or view the rental property list on the Relocation page on the website.

4. Where can I get a Saskatchewan Health Card application?
Applications are available from City Hall or online at

5. How can I contact REACT?
REACT Waste Management can be reached at 682-1955.  The Sanitary Landfill site office can be reached at 682-3666.

6. What are the hours for the landfill?
Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday & Holidays: Closed
Please note seasonal hours may sometimes be in effect.  For more information, please call the Sanitary Landfill Site at 682-3666.

7. What are the days for garbage pickup?
Residents located South of Highway #5, garbage is picked up weekly on Thursday.
Residents located North of Highway #5, garbage is picked up weekly on Friday.
Garbage must be put out by 8:00 am on the front street curb to ensure pick up.  All garbage bags must be tagged with a yellow REACT garbage tag.  For more information, please contact REACT Waste Management at 682-1955.

8. Where can I buy the yellow REACT garbage tags?
The yellow REACT garbage tags can be purchased at Co-op Stores, Sobeys, Shoppers Drug Mart, 7-11, Extra Foods Gas Bar, Thrifty Market, Pharmasave, or REACT Waste Management.  For more information please click here.

9. Who does inspections of new fire pits?
The Humboldt Fire Chief performs inspections for a $10.00 fee.  For information about fire pits and regulations, please click here or contact City Hall at 682-2525.

10. What do I do if my pet has gone missing?
If your pet has gone missing contact the local SPCA at 682-5550 or Animal Management at 682-2583 to see if anyone has turned them in.

11. How do I find the Community & Leisure Services Administration Office, Curling Rink, Aquatic Centre or Elgar Petersen Arena?
Please click here to view a map of the Uniplex.

12. What is the Community & Leisure Services information line phone number?
The information line phone number is 682-5016.  The Aquatic Centre schedule is updated weekly on Sundays and the Elgar Petersen Arena schedule is updated weekly on Monday morning.

13. How do I book ice times, ball diamonds, etc.?
The book sports and recreational facilities, please call the City of Humboldt - Community & Leisure Services Depatment at 682-2597.

14. Where is the Community & Leisure Services lost and found?
The lost and found is located at the Community & Leisure Services Administration Office at the Humboldt Uniplex.

15. What are the times and dates of the Humboldt Bronco games?
Please visit the Humboldt Bronco website for the game schedule.

16. When is the Bronco office open?
Summer: Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Winter: Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact the Bronco office directly at 682-5575

17. How many spectators does the Elgar Petersen Arena hold?
The Elgar Petersen Arena has seating for 1,872 spectators.

  Site Credits

City of Humboldt 715 Main Street PO Box 640 Humboldt SK S0K 2A0 Tel 306-682-2525 Fax 306-682-3144

Home | Events Calendar | Our Humboldt Plan | News & Notices | Schedules
Maps | City Property Sales | Relocation | Contact Us | Humboldt Involved
Copyright © 2014 City of Humboldt. All rights reserved.