Humboldt and District Attractions
Visitors to Humboldt and District can visit the following tourist attractions:
- Willkommen Centre
- Humboldt and District Museum and Gallery
- The Museum is our community museum which brings to life the history of our area. Located in a beautiful national historic site on the corner of Main Street and Sixth Avenue, our museum is open all year round. The musuem provides many services including children's programming, special events, temporary exhibits, local artists showcase, archives, and gift shop.
- Featured on the main floor is a beautiful stain glass window, originally located in the Ursuline Sisters Chapel at Bruno. The Museum is also home to the Humboldt & District Sports Hall of Fame collection of sports memorabilia.
- A special feature is the Humboldt Telegraph Station exhibit on the third floor, which represents the initial developments of western Canada, circa 1878. A panoramic mural beautifully reflects the vital communication role of the Humboldt Telegraph Station during the uprising at Batoche in 1885.
- For further information about the museum call (306) 682-5226
- Reid-Thompson Public Library
- The Library is part of the Wapiti Regional Library System serving north-central Saskatchewan.
- The Reid-Thompson Library provides a variety of services and programs: monthly book club, weekly storytimes, children programming, Free public internet access and it houses the Central Plain Health District book collection and the Humboldt Horse Club videos.
- Hours are: Monday to Wednesday - 12:00 to 9:00 pm; Thursday and Friday 12:00 to 6:00 pm; and Saturday 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Waldsea Lake Regional Park
- St. Peter's Cathedral & Abbey - Muenster
- Mount Carmel - Carmel
- 8 Humboldt Murals:
- Carlton Trail/ Telegraph Station/ Alexander von Humboldt - Humboldt Credit Union
- Humboldt's Beginnings Murals 1, 2, & 3 - Tremblay Furniture Building
- Ford Dealership - Discovery Ford Building
- Influence of German Culture in Humboldt Area - Shopper's Drug Mart
- Harvest Memories - Seniors New Horizon Centre
- Diefenbaker Stamp - Willkommen Centre
- Liquor Store Murals - Liquor Store
- Alexander von Humboldt Bronze Bust - Humboldt and District Museum and Gallery
- 1/2 Timber Style Buildings: (5 of many)
- Chamney Platz
- Municipal Fire Hall
- Humboldt Co-Op
- Video Quest & This Is Your Computer
- Cottage Boutique
Humboldt Visitor Information Centre
Humboldt's Visitor Information Centre is located at the East end of Humboldt on Highway #5. The Humboldt and District Chamber of Commerce operate the Information Centre as well as the Historical Park and Campground. This Centre provides visitors with information about Humboldt and other area attractions.