Printer-friendly version Rebate Programs

Sign up to receive
City news by email

Enter your email address:
Search our site
Rebates & Tax Exemptions

Composting Bin Rebate
The City will reimburse residents $30.00 towards the purchase of a composting bin. Residents will be allowed one bin per residence. The composting bin must be purchased from a business within the City of Humboldt. Businesses in Humboldt that sell composting bins will be provided a coupon to be completed. In order to receive a rebate, an individual must provide a receipt for the compost bin and completed coupon. Once the information has been received, a cheque is issued within 30 days.

For further information, please contact City Hall at (306) 682-2525.

Storm Water Rebate Program
The City offers a rebate program of up to $1,500 to any property owner who ensures preventative plumbing and proper connections are installed in their home or business to guard against damage from flooding and backups.  Please see the information below for further information about what is eligible (sump pump systems, backwater valves and the disconnection of weeping tile from the sanitary sewer system), rebate amounts and what is eligible, proper/improper connection illustrations and the application form. 

Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Policy
The purpose of this policy is to establish a revitalization tax exemption program for commercial property in a specified area in the city’s centre for the purposes of strengthening the viability of existing businesses, stimulating and encouraging new private investment, encouraging higher density rental residential development, improving the image and attractiveness of the revitalization area and better utilizing City infrastructure. To view the Policy, please click here.

Infill Lot Tax Exemption Policy
This initiative of Council is to promote economic development and stimulate residential development in specific areas in the City of Humboldt.The incentive being offered is a two-year abatement of taxation for new housing.

Infill Lot
A single vacant lot located in a predominately built-up area that has been serviced with water and sewer and is bounded on two or more sides by existing development. In addition, any lot which contains an existing house which will be removed and replaced with a house shall also be considered an infill lot.

New House Construction
Any house construction, for which a building permit has been issued by the City of Humboldt after December 31, 2008.

To be eligible for this exemption, the applicant must own an infill lot south of 6th Avenue in a Residential zoned District.

For further information, please contact City Hall at (306) 682-2525.

  Site Credits

City of Humboldt 715 Main Street PO Box 640 Humboldt SK S0K 2A0 Tel 306-682-2525 Fax 306-682-3144

Home | Events Calendar | Our Humboldt Plan | News & Notices | Schedules
Maps | City Property Sales | Relocation | Contact Us | Humboldt Involved
Copyright © 2014 City of Humboldt. All rights reserved.