The Communications & Community Development Department is responsible for the communications, community and economic development activities for the City of Humboldt. Services carried out by the department include community profiling, information gathering for market research, facilitation of new development opportunities, marketing and public relations, maintenance of the City of Humboldt website and online activities, providing relocation information and acting as a resource for the community.
This department works with other municipal stakeholders to improve community engagement by developing partnerships with other community organizations, providing assistance with the development of programming and providing strategic direction that includes the development and promotion of Humboldt's community assets.
The Communications and Community Development Committee oversees the functions associated within the Department. Current direction provided to the Communications and Community Development Department include:
- Providing Strategic Directions related to Corporate Communications.
- Provides the direction of the City's social media strategy.
- Overseeing the Economic Development function within the City of Humboldt
- Working as a reference point related to community programs and initiatives
- Developing an available land directory.
Current Projects Being Undertaken
Due to the scope of the Communications and Community Developmentn Department the projects that they undertake can be quite diverse in nature. Projects that are currently being undertaken include:
- Development of a municipal corporate communications strategy.
- Development and implementation of a municipal branding guidelines.
- Municipal Cultural Plan Development and Implementation.
- Working with project partners on programs related to community development.
- The development of an economic development program.
Additionally, the Communications and Community Development Department is also involved in organizing events such as regional planning conferences and related initiatives.
When to Contact
The Communications and Community Development Department is available to be contacted for reasons pertaining to:
- Community initiatives or projects
- Media related information that includes content found on the official City of Humboldt Facebook page or information as reported by the media.
- Market research or relocation information which could include data on demographics, community services or programs offered within the City.
Location: City Hall, 715 Main Street
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 640 Humboldt, SK S0K 2A0
Phone: (306) 682-2525, ext 306
Fax: (306) 682-3144