Works & Utilities
The Department is under the direction of the Works and Utilities Director.
There are three (3) main areas of responsibility in the Department.
- Streets/Road Maintenance
- Traffic Lights
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- Water and Sewer Maintenance
- Water Treatment Plant
- Maintenance of Five (5) Lift Stations and Lagoon
- Water Meters
- Engineering Services
Feel free to contact the Works and Utilities Division anytime by phone:
(306) 682-4022 - Director
(306) 682-2531 - Foreman
The basic infrastructure is in place to accommodate the City of Humboldt's existing and future population and existing and future residential/business premises. Detailed infrastructure is identified in the following table.
|BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE - CITY OF HUMBOLDT
|Total Area of City
|Curb and Gutter
|Lagoon Holding Capacity
|Water Treatment Plant
| - Capacity
| - Underground Reservoir
|Water and Sewer Users
|Source: Works and Utilities Department, City of Humboldt
|Water and Sewer
||Sask. Water Corporation
(South Saskatchewan River)
||A water meter deposit is required before water and sewer services can be connected. The meter deposit varies with the size of the meter. Typically, most residents have a 5/8 inch meter and adaptor and the water meter deposit for this size of meter is $140.00. This deposit is retained until you move out of the city. If you are changing addresses within the city there is a $20.00 transfer fee.
- Residential meters are billed every two months.
- Commercial meters are billed monthly.
- Water rates are as follows:
- residential monthly minimum amount for residential consumers - $25.25 per month
- commercial monthly minimum amount for commercial consumers - $26.25 per month
- Two or more businesses with one meter are charged $4.55 per month for each additional business
- Water rates on consumption in excess of 300 cubic feet per month are charged at a rate of $5.54 per 100 cubic feet.
- Sewer rates for residential users are $10.50 per month plus 30% in excess of 300 cubic feet.
- Sewer rates for commercial users are $10.50 per month plus 25% in excess of 300 cubic feet.
- The combined minimum monthly water and sewer bill for commercial users is $36.75.
- The combined minimum water and sewer bill for residential users is $71.50 every two months.