Information on Water Quality
For The Year 2004
Saskatchewan Environment requires that once each year the City of Humboldt provides notification to consumers of the quality of water as well as information on the compliance rate for test samples submitted to the Provincial Laboratory.
More information on water quality and sample submission performance may be obtained from:
R.J. Halyk, A.Sc.T.
Director of Works & Utilities
HUMBOLDT, Saskatchewan S0K 2A0
Storefront Development Grant Program
Council for the City of Humboldt has recently amended the City’s Storefront Development Grant Program by increasing the level of funding to businesses who redevelop their storefront to a German Theme.
The business owner is now able to request funding up to 35% of the total storefront development cost to a maximum of $2,500.00.
The objective of providing a storefront development grant is to encourage all owners of new and existing businesses throughout the commercial districts located in the City of Humboldt to develop their storefront in conformity with the German style half timbering architectural theme adopted by City Council.
Application Guidelines are available at the City Hall on 715 Main Street or by calling 682-2525.
April 23, 2021
Humboldt Centennial Builds Program
In honor of both the City of Humboldt’s centennial anniversary of incorporation and the centennial anniversary of the Province of Saskatchewan, the City is pleased to introduce the “Humboldt Centennial Builds Program” which is designed to promote the pioneer spirit of development that built this community and Province.
The purpose of this initiative is to promote economic development in the City of Humboldt by encouraging the construction of new homes, renovations and additions, and new or expanded commercial industrial developments.
As an incentive a one year tax abatement will be provided for all new construction completed before the end of 2005.
New Construction: is any construction, for which a building permit has been issued by the City of Humboldt after Dec 31, 2003, that results in an increase of taxable assessment for the improvement on the property.
- Authority for this policy is under sections 262 and 263 of The Cities Act
- The City will grant an exemption from tax assessment for a period of one year from the date of completion of the new construction or Dec, 31, 2006 which ever is the earlier.
- To be eligible for exemption the building permit must have been issued and construction completed before Dec 31, 2005.
- The tax assessment exemption is only available on the improvements on the property; the land itself is still subject to taxation.
- The property owner will be required to fill out an “Application for Tax Exemption Humboldt Centennial Builds Program”
- Upon acceptance by the City of Humboldt that all of the necessary work has been completed and all the necessary documents have been submitted, the property owner(s) shall sign a Tax Assessment Exemption Agreement- Humboldt Centennial Builds Program”. Upon signature the agreement will be submitted to
- Council for approval and a bylaw passed by council granting the tax assessment exemption for the agreed upon time period.
- The tax assessment exemption starts from the date the assessment change is applied to the property. The exemption will be for one year.
April 22, 2021